Saturday, April 16, 2011

My big 1 year old

I can't believe it has already been over a year.... Here are some things that Dylan loves/has loved to do over the past year.
  • He is such a good sleeper... pretty much through the night since 6 weeks old.
  • He makes the funniest faces and LOVES to smile at everyone.
  • He has this cute funny laugh- half grunt, half laugh
  • He hates having his diaper changed... gets all squirmy and tries to get away.
  • He loves milk... especially when it comes from a bottle.
  • Hates his sippy cup. He thinks it is a toy rather than a method of drinking.
  • It took him forever to figure out crawling... but as soon as he did figure it out he was moving a mile a minute.
  • It only took him a day to figure out stairs.
  • He loves pulling himself up to stand.
  • He likes to play with his bat and ball... and is getting pretty good at throwing.
  • He loves to play in the bath... especially when he got his toys. Now he has a basketball hoop and he likes to "slam dunk" it.
  • He has been bright eyed and bushy tailed since day 1...
  • He would stare and not blink for minutes at a time... he could beat anyone in a staring contest.
  • He has many nicknames- Bugs, Dilly Bug, Dill Pickle, Bob (Dylan), Bugga, and Dyl.
  • He hates grass...
  • He loves being outside
  • He has a fascination of doors... he will open and close them ALL day if he could.
  • He likes pulling himself up to his toy box and taking the toys out.
  • He will sit and "read" his books all by himself.
  • His favorite foods change daily... but he loves avocado, chicken, pizza, spaghetti, applesauce, yogurt, cheese, ice cream, pears, and soup.
  • He doesn't know the meaning of quiet... and proves it all the time in church.
  • I am afraid that once he really starts walking it will turn into a run VERY quickly.
  • He has lots of energy and is always on the move.
  • He loves Puma and Fenway... I can tell Dylan and Fenway are going to be inseparable when we gets a little older.
  • He has the cutest dimples on his upper cheek... they come out when he smiles and screams!
  • He is little but makes up for his smallness in fiestiness.
It has been such a blessing to have this sweet little boy in our lives. I hear people say this all the time... but having a child changes everything (in a good way). It has brought Ryan and I closer and made me realize what true love is. I love my family and all the little quirks we have. It will be a interesting next few years as Ryan is now in the Bishopric. I am grateful to have a supportive, loving and great husband who is such a great example to me. Dylan is lucky to have such a great Dad!

Here are pictures throughout the year- He changes a TON... he looks like a completely different child! We love you Dylan and are so glad you decided to come into our family!



































7 comments:

Cat and Blake Potter said...

awww great post. I CANT BELIEVE HE IS 1!!! I love all the progression pics, and wish we could have been there for it all :( Good thing for skype and phones tho. LOVE the cake!! MISS AND LOVE YOU!!!!

Jensen: Dana and Ruth said...

I love his cute, little blond curls. What a sweetie! It's crazy to think he's already 1! hugs!

Penny said...

He is so cute! I love being around and watching him grow!! So glad we are close to each other. It will be fun to watch Dylan and Izzy play this summer!

Rhode Island Kohls said...

What a cutie, can hardly wait until the next time we can see him in person.

kachers said...

oh those pics of him growing are so DARLING! He's handsome! loved this post - can't believe he's 1!?!?! thinking of you guys!!

Emily said...

Bethany, thanks for posting this! I loved your list and the progress photos. I just can't believe how much he's grown since I last saw him! I wish I could have come to his birthday party. I miss you tons! Maybe you should come to China for your next family vacation :)

Dave Chambers said...

Great pics of Dylan. What a Blessing! He sure seems like a handful for sure.